Greetings from Amsterdam! Hip, skip—my family and I did a mini road trip from Germany to the Netherlands! Amsterdam truly is like no other city hence I’m excited to share my 10 favorite things you must experience if you ever a plan a visit!
- Drive around the city on a bike. Amsterdam is considered to be most bicycle-friendly capital city, as well as the most bicycle-friendly city in the world.
- Eat Stroopwaffles. If you love syrup and more importantly sandwiched between two large rounds of crispy waffle, then you’ve come to the right place. This city has the most delicious waffles ever. Period.
- Visit the Anne Frank house. I read the wartime diary from Anne Frank in my early teens and I remember what an impact it had on me so, it was a no brainer that I wanted to visit The Anne Frank House.The building is located on a canal called the Prinsengracht.
- Take a canal cruise. This beautiful city is known for being on the water—there are canals everywhere. A cruise on these canals are breathtaking plus you get to see so much more!
- Visit the Rijksmuseum.
- Visit the flower market. If you love fresh flowers this is the place for you!
- Visit the heart of the city – The Begijnhof.
- Have your photo taken at the “I heart Amsterdam” sign.
- If you have kids be sure to visit the Artis Zoo. This zoo is one of the oldest zoo’s in Europe and a great place for a family day out, and during the summer, the zoo opens late on Saturdays for music, special tours and special performances – you can even order a picnic or barbecue in advance.
- Last but not least…Walk the streets endlessly. Surprises will await you in every corner!
Have you been to Amsterdam? Let me know by commenting below & as always, thanks so much for stopping by!