Six years ago I hit PUBLISH and my life changed. Today I am celebrating my six year blog anniversary and I am feeling emotional and yet overjoyed at the same time. While I must admit that it feels strange to “celebrate” during COVID-19—I am still in awe of where my digital space has taken me. I started What Would V Wear on a whim and big dreams. I set goals for myself, spent countless sleepless nights working on my content while working full-time until I quit my corporate job to pursue entrepreneurship. Six years later, I’m proudly self-employed. It’s been a wild ride but one I wouldn’t want to change for the world!
5th Blogiversary: 5 Lessons I’ve Learned from Blogging
Five years ago I hit PUBLISH and my life changed. Today I am celebrating my five year blog anniversary… blogiversary and I am feeling emotional and yet overjoyed at the same time. I started What Would V Wear on a whim and big dreams. I set goals for myself, spent countless sleepless nights working on my content while working full-time…, and here I am now. Self-employed and proud that What Would V Wear became my full-time career. It’s been a wild ride but one I wouldn’t want to change for the world!
4 Lessons From 4 Years of Blogging
I can’t believe I’m saying this but this month marks my 4th Blog Anniversary! Exactly 4 years ago, the 7th of April 2014, an enthusiastic corporate working mother created a blog called What Would V Wear, in the hopes to connect with other fashionistas around the globe. Little did I know back then where my blog would take me… and ultimately push me to make a new & bold career change. View Post
One Year Blog Anniversary
A year ago, I decided to embark on this entrepreneurial blogging journey. It’s been an amazing ride filled with many life lessons I never realized I’d learn. I am truly grateful for all of the opportunities I’ve been presented with, as well as building all these amazing friendships. I honestly, never imagined that I could inspire so many people by putting a few smiles on their faces. I’m all about encouraging one another, and this being said: I truly hope that my little space of mine – aka my blog – is a place of encouragement and happiness for you all. Where you are not only inspired by my outfit posts but you find a reason to smile and be happy.
I’m beyond grateful for all of YOU because you have not only encouraged me to strive for more, but you have encouraged me to start my own business as well. My jewelry designs have been so successful because of YOU, and I simply cannot THANK YOU all enough!
I also need to give a shout-out to my amazing husband and son. All of my pictures are taken by my husband, and my son is the reason why you see me smiling on my photographs. Yes, my blog is a family affair, and I would not want it any other way. They are my biggest fans and best friends (my boys just know how to make me feel special and beautiful every day).
Below are a few lessons I have learned being a blogger and entrepreneur. I hope you will find them helpful, as well as encouraging!
1. Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers, seriously. Find your own voice and style, and go for it! Comparing yourself to others will only discourage you and bring you down.
2. Don’t take rude comments to heart, and I must admit I had my struggles with this too. I participated in a contest once and faced some rude and hurtful comments from people who were cheering for “their” contestant instead. It was very silly and oh-so high school, but it did hurt. I had to learn to ignore it, and simply move on. And now the whole thing is long forgotten. All this negative energy was for nothing, and I’ve learned to never let this get to me again. Ever.
- Always be professional, and be nice to everyone. You really never know who you are going to run in hence a bad “rep” about you and your brand is a big “No, no”.
- Engage your followers and stay connected. This is the fun part, in my opinion. I LOVE getting to know you all! In fact, I found some of my best friends on social media.
- Last but not least…HAVE FUN!
As always, thank you for reading & for your continued support! It truly means the world to me!
PS: Graphic Image and I have an exciting coupon for YOU! Use springcontest at checkout and get 15% OFF your purchase (valid until 4/12!) + in YOUR honor I’m giving you FREE SHIPPING on my entire jewelry collection as well (valid until 4/12).
SHOP THE POST
DRESS: OASAP c/o | SUNGLASSES: Illesteva via Neiman Marcus | BRACELETS: What Would V Wear “Handmade With Love” Collection