We got home from Disney World a little over a week ago. We took my friends from Germany to Orlando, FL and NYC. We celebrated my birthday at the happiest place on earth and I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better way to celebrate my birthday than being surrounded by my family and friends. Seeing our children beaming of joy will probably always be my favorite memory of all time.
As you may have noticed it was quite quiet on my blog and social media this past month…With family and friends visiting this summer I decided to take some time off which ended up being a whole month (my longest break yet!). Ever since I started I have never taken a long break like this before but after more than 5 years of consistant blogging I decided that it was time to take a long (well-deserved) break away from social media. But let’s get back to Disney World…, continue reading how I prepared a visit to Disney World with kids!
Tips for visiting Disney World with kids
• Bring a cheap stroller, even if your kids don’t typically use one. I have a 7 and 2 year old. My oldest son did pretty well walking all day but after the fire works (yes, we stayed until the end) he was pooped and didn’t want to walk anymore. We had to carry our little one so big brother Kingston could take a rest in Jaxson’s stroller. It’s a lot of walking even for grown-ups and unless you want to carry your 40 pound kid, give them a place to rest.
• Table service restaurants at the Magic Kingdom book quickly with the hottest reservations being filled within days of release, 180 days in advance of the reservations. We didn’t know that but got lucky. We were able to sit a restaurant for dinner but this is good to know for next time! So, be sure to book in advance!
• Buy your Mickey Mouse ears and souvenirs beforehand because you’ll end up paying triple the price at the park. I should’ve done but didn’t and hence ended up paying $30 for my ears. Lesson learned!
• Get the app to check on wait times for each ride. Seriously a life saver and the times were pretty accurate too.
• Plan on taking lots of breaks especially when with kids. Being on your feet all day and going on rides can be exhausting so be sure to take good rests in between!
• Last but not least stay for the fireworks because this was by far the most magical thing I’ve ever seen! It truly took our breaths away!
So glad you took this break and enjoyed time with friends! Disney World is so fun. Love these pics!
Looks like you had fun! I love Disney!
WDW is truly the happiest place on earth! Looks like you all had so much fun!
Such a lovely way of spending your bday! The pictures are magical! Xx
Good to know you enjoyed much your birthday with the Kids…Disneyland is a dream, this is not only for kids but also for adult like you…Happy for you on your birthday…
I’ve been in Disney World once in Florida and I loved it so much too! reminded me a lot of childhood and was a day filled with enormous joy! 🙂 Your pictures look wonderful, makes me want to go there again!
xx Bri | http://www.brigitadaisy.com
I really loved your photos dear, looks like you had a great time
It looks dreamy! I hope one day I will get an opportunity to go to the Disney World. magical xx
Much Love xx
aww this is so cute….A happy place i’m sure. Nice tips!
Happiest place on earth indeed! Oh how I miss Disney.
Jessica | notjessfashion.com
Love this 💖
i’ve never been as a kid so now I really wish to go – seems like a dream come true <3
Cate // 35mminstyle
What an absolutely perfect place to celebrate. I have not been there yet but I have been to Disneyland once. I’m sure friends and family had a wonderful time!
Thanks for the tips! I’m glad you had fun on your break.
Kathrin | Polar Bear Style