Over the weekend I celebrated my Birthday, and as always I like to self-reflect on my special day: Where I am in my life, and where I want to be. Continue reading to learn more..
SHOP MY LOOK
Even though I don’t celebrate my birthday’s per se, I do believe that one should celebrate life each and every day! It’s a blessing to be alive; life should never be taken for granted. This year, my birthday came without any real fanfare except for my husband and son who surprised me with pink roses and kisses.
I am blessed to be remembered by you, and my close friends as well who went out of their way to text me, send me cards, and called me.
Spiritually, August 6th was a day of reflection; with reflection comes both gifts and challenges. I truly believe that in order to grow, we sometimes need to reflect. As I’m looking back at my life I must admit that I am pretty darn happy and proud of what I’ve accomplished. I’ve learned that reaching for your dreams takes work, hard work. Work that doesn’t always come easy but it’s absolutely worth it!
Below are some of my birthday reflections:
- When life is busy, I still need to take time for the things I love.
- Only surround yourself with people who lift you up, and not bring you down.
- Being a good friend means being more present.
- Less social media and more time in the now. I’m guilty of it — I spend way too much time on my phone.
- Moving through my short-comings is humbling, but also necessary.
Do you have any self-reflections on your birthday?! If so, please let me know by commenting below, and thanks so much reading! I love you all very much!
SHOP MY LOOK